Monday 2 January 2012

Happy New You

Happy New Year folks!

It's funny my year didn't start the way I had planned, at Holborn House having dinner and then maybe a champagne count down in a snazzy bar/club with good looking suave people and great decor but I tell you what it was great!  After having to change my plans last minute on 31st December I called up a trusted bestie and asked if I could tag along.  Now those of you that have read my blog know I like clothes and a bit of dressie uppie.  I had painstakingly planned my outfit down to a tee and just awaited a delivery from Asos with an Antipodium coat to finish the look off.  There wasn't even a fleeting thought of changing the outfit just because of a small issue like total venue change just a tone down of foot wear maybe.
Now just like a lot of people I try not to put to much enfaces on NYE because we all know it can be a major anticlimax so in my mind I just reiterated that I would have a good time whatever happened in anyway I could and that is exactly what I did.
New venue, The Bedford in Balham a family pub with loads of rooms each filled with a different activity to get involved in.  Upstairs comedy and a buffet, so I filled my boots and popped in to hear some funnies' .  Had a great surprise when I bumped into two comedians I have worked with before John Fothergill and  Ian Stone had a quick chat then downstairs to bring in the new year.  Three different rooms of music and a real club atmosphere.  At one point I felt like I was in Ibiza!  I know, how? you may ask I'm not in a bikini on a beach but the vibe was great.  There was no count down or "old langs syne" singing just party atmosphere in a really big pub.
As I was a last minute tag along to someone with work responsibilities I found myself alone a few times.  This in it self was very interesting instead of feeling out of place or vulnerable I just danced like in was in my bedroom. Yes I may have looked like a bit of a nutter but do you know what this year is definitely about making those funny little memories that make me smile at a later date, so expect more crazy people behaviour!

The Bedford


Crazy crowd

House of Holland shirt dress Antipodium coat,   Kurt Geiger  boots,  Vintage  clutch.  Oh and friends lovely front room.

DON'T WASTE THE PRETTY! X

No comments:

Post a Comment